MGES Trunk of Treat
Typical Trunk or Treat is cancelled for the 2020. Keep your eyes out for more information about a different type of Halloween event! If we are allowed, we are working on some new ideas!
- What is Trunk or Treating? Trunk or Treat is trick or treating in a parking lot to offer a safe environment for children.
- Who can participate? Trunk or Treat is open to all MGES families and their siblings!
- Where is this Trunk or Treat? Trunk or Treat will be in the MGES parking lot. We will have the area in front of the cafeteria roped off for the decorated trunks and trick or treating. Parking for everyone else will be on the sides of the parking lot.
- What should I bring? Children should wear their costumes as this is a trick or treat event. You should bring a bag to collect candy in.
- What time should I arrive? Trunk or Treaters will be let into the parking lot and will start our trick or treating at exactly 6:00. If you are decorating a trunk, you can get to parking lot at 5:30 to have time to set up.
- What food will be for sale? We will be selling burgers or hotdogs plus bottled water, and chips ($3). We cannot guarantee that we will have enough for everyone who would like to purchase. If you want to purchase do, we recommend getting some early!
- Can I drop off my children? No. This is NOT a drop off activity. You must stay with your children.
- What do I need to do to participate? To participate, you need to do one of two things. You can choose to decorate your trunk and pass out candy during the event. Or you can donate either 2 bags of candy to be passed out or $5-10 so we can purchase extra candy. Unfortunately, because this is not a sponsored event, you must decorate your trunk or donate to help make sure this is a fun event for all involved. If this is a hardship for your family, please contact Mrs. Newman.
- If I host a trunk, do I need to donate candy? We ask that if you decorate your trunk, you start with about 100-150 pieces of candy. We will use donated candy to help make enough candy for all of the trick or treaters.
- Can I send candy into school with my child? No. Because of allergies, NO candy can be sent to
- school. If you choose to donate see one of the drop off spots on the front. These locations will have tubs on the front porch for you to drop off candy. Or for your convenience you can donate $5-10 and we will purchase the candy! Money can be sent into school with your child.